We want your event to be as much of a success as you do, so we will always try to provide you with the best configuration of event loos at the most cost-effective prices, along with the reassurance that you will receive a professional, friendly, efficient & reliable service from us.
Checklist for Large Scale Events
- The number of guests at your event will determine the number of portable toilets required.
- Other factors to consider are: event duration, food/fluid consumption (particularly alcohol), units available during short intervals/breaks, male:female ratio, extra time required for children, elderly or infirmed & whether there will be overnight camping. Please also ensure there are adequate staff facilities.
- Further independent advice on minimum scale for public entertainment are laid out in BS 6465-1:2006+A1:2009 (BSI Group) or via The Purple Guide to Event Management (www.thepurpleguide.co.uk).
- Consider access, location, type of toilet required, lighting, power, water supply, signage & security.
- Lighting at night should be min 100 lux for general toilet areas & 200 lux for Disabled toilet areas (CIBSE).
- For events licensed for public entertainment, please agree toilet facilities with the local authority.
- The general rule of thumb is to have a minimum of 1 Disabled unit available per 2,000 people attending a public (ticketed) event to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act. Private events do not legally require a Disabled Unit but should be considered if you are aware of guests with specific needs. More information is available at www.direct.gov.uk
- Ensure that your Event Insurance policy covers any loss or damage to the event toilets during the hire period.